National Association of Building Inspectors of South Africa
Special July fee offer from SAHITA for NABISA members
NABISA negotiates special online training deal with SAHITA for its members
Although fees for the widely recognised SAHITA Online Building & Home Inspector Online Training Course were increased from 1 July 2022, NABISA has negotiated a special deal for the month of July which includes free membership of NABISA.
A brochure providing details of SAHITA’s online inspector training programme can be found here
Normal price for the SAHITA course is
- R22,999 including VAT (single payment) OR
- Three payments of R8,250 including VAT
For the month of July 2022 only, SAHITA offers its inspector training to NABISA members and prospective members for only:
- R16,500 including VAT (single payment) OR
- Three payments of R6,250 including VAT
AND what’s more, if you sign up for the SAHITA course before 31 July 2022, SAHITA has also agreed to pay your current 2021/22 R750 NABISA membership fees and your 2022/23 fees. In other words your NABISA membership will be paid by SAHITA on your behalf up to 31 August 2023.
To qualify for this one-time offer from SAHITA, you must
- Enrol for the SAHITA online training here before 31 July 2022; place your order for your selected payment option; then proceed to Checkout and make payment (bank details are on the SAHITA invoice). Use the Coupon Code: NABISA to qualify for the discount for the single payment option and Coupon Code: NABISA-SEM to qualify for the discount for the 3-instalment option.
- If you have not already one so, you must also provide NABISA with your personal information so that NABISA can enrol you as a member and issue you with a membership certificate. Go here to enrol with NABISA.
Don’t miss out on the never-to-be-repeated offer to become a member of the National Association of Building Inspectors of South Africa (www.nabisa.org.za) AND attain certification from SAHITA – a certificate which is increasingly recognised by banks, insurers and other decision-makers in South Africa.
NABISA (The National Association of Building Inspectors of South Africa) is registered with the CIPC as a non-profit organisation (registration K2016210564).
083 310 9766
80 St Michaels Road Claremont Cape Town
NABISA is a Voluntary Association of SA Building & Home Inspectors
“Building Inspector” is the “umbrella name” for inspectors in National Government, Local Government and the Private Sector. Building inspectors are also known as building control officers, plans examiners, works inspectors, home inspectors, insurance assessors, compliance certifiers and surveyors.
In 2022 NABISA will be seeking to finalise registration under the Council for the Built Environment as a Voluntary Association representing the interests of South African building and home inspectors. The two Built Environment Statutory Councils under which NABISA seeks registration are:
- SACPCMP – South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions
- SACAP – South African Council for the Architectural Professions
Voluntary associations have a mandate to supply continuous professional development to their members. An agreement with a service provider is currently under negotiation. Details will be revealed soon.
Two online information sessions are being planned. Details will be announced soon
The membership committee is finalising membership for 2022/23 and all approved and paid up members will be entitled to a directory listing. This listing will be published as part of this website update which will be complete by February 2023
All NABISA members subscribe to a code of conduct. A dispute resolution process is being finalised. Complaints against members can be resolved through this process. Enquiries can be made through the office of the CEO.
Earn CPD Points
THE CPD program will be finalised and published by February 2023. Members will be able to participate to make sure that they achieve their CPD targets.
The Building Inspector Directory will be launched by the end of February 2023
To professionalise building and home inspection services in South Africa
NABISA was established in 2016 with the objectives:
- To become a recognised Voluntary Association of Building & Home Inspectors, representing the interests of all South African building and home inspectors (including building control officers, plans examiners, works inspectors, insurance assessors, compliance certifiers and surveyors).
- To regulate the activity of NABISA members by means of:
- Benchmarking relevant South African qualifications, training and experience required in order to become a NABISA member;
- Enforcing the NABISA Code of Conduct in order to ensure that South African consumers and property owners are protected by having their property assets inspected by professional, appropriately trained and ethical building inspectors.
The NABISA AGM on 28 June 2022 confirmed the appointment of the following board for 2022/23:
- Mashilo Pitjeng – non-executive chairman – TseboReal Asset Management
- John Graham – executive director – SAHITA & HouseCheck
- Marisia Robus – secretary – Gauteng Property Inspections
- Michael Vaughan – non-executive – Michael Vaughan CMC and ex-NHBRC manager
- Makhosi Mhlophe – non-executive – ECSA, SACPCMP and Building Inspector
- Grant Schuster – non-executive – Discovery Insure
083 310 9766 (John Graham, executive director)
Become a member and let us keep you informed
Apply here https://www.nabisa.org.za/nabisa-membership/