To become a recognised Voluntary Association of Building & Home Inspectors, representing the interests of all South African building and home inspectors (including building control officers, plans examiners, works inspectors, insurance assessors, compliance certifiers and surveyors).
Welcome to The National Association of Building Inspectors of South Africa
The National Association of Building Inspectors of South Africa- NABISA – is a Voluntary (Association of South African professional Building & Home Inspectors– also known as assessors, compliance certifiers and surveyors.
NABISA (The National Association of Building Inspectors of South Africa) is registered with the CIPC as a non-profit organisation (Reg. K2016/2105/64).
Membership represents inspectors employed in government and municipal sectors as well the private sector (home inspection, construction and real estate industries).
NABISA has now begun to benchmark acceptable South African qualifications and experience which will become necessary for membership of NABISA from 1 September 2018.
“Building Inspector” is the “umbrella name” for inspectors in National Government, Local Government and the Private Sector. Building inspectors are also known as building control officers, plans examiners, works inspectors, home inspectors, insurance assessors, compliance certifiers and surveyors.
NABISA was Established in 2016 with the Following Aims:
- To become a professional body representing the interests of all South African building and home inspectors (including assessors, compliance certifiers and surveyors).
- To regulate the activity of NABISA members by means of:
- Benchmarking relevant South African qualifications, training and experience required in order to become a NABISA member;
- Enforcing the NABISA Code of Conduct in order to ensure that South African consumers and property owners are protected by having their property assets inspected by professional, appropriately trained and ethical building inspectors.
- NABISA is seeking to finalise registration under the Council for the Built Environment as a Voluntary Association representing the interests of South African building and home inspectors. The two Built Environment Statutory Councils under which NABISA seeks registration are:
- SACPCMP– South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions
- SACAP– South African Council for the Architectural Professions
Board of Directors
The NABISA AGM on 28 June 2022 confirmed the appointment of the following board for 2022/23:
TseboReal Asset Management
SAHITA & HouseCheck
Secretary & Executive Director
Gauteng Property Inspections
Michael Vaughan CMC