NABISA offers the following categories of membership:
- Building Inspector Statutory Enforcement- Local government and NHBRC):Minimum Three-year or greater tertiary degree or National diploma in one of the following (plus appropriate work experience): Civil engineering; Structural engineering; Architecture; Building management; Building science; Building surveying; or Quantity surveying and at least one years work experience.
- A Home Inspector(Building Condition Assessor): SAHITA Certificate of Competence or any other qualification approved by NABISA. At least one years work experience and proof of 50 completed inspections.
- Master Inspector – category 1 or 2 inspector with appropriate work experience as determined by the sub committee.
- Statutory Compliance Inspector:Any legally competent person certified to issue certifications of compliance (CoC) for any of the following: New roofs (A19), Electrical installations, plumbing and drain installations, gas installations, electrical fence installations, construction safety, pest control, or glazing.
- Candidate Inspector: On submission of a CV, enrolment in an recognised educational institution/ course and letter of motivation from the applicant’s employer.
- Corporate / Associate Membership: Any entity employing 5 or more NABISA members may apply for corporate membership of NABISA
NABISA annual membership fees for 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2020 will be R500-00.
An initial additional R200-00 non refundable application fee is applicable. Applications are only accepted electronically.
To apply for individual membership please complete the registration application below:
Membership of NABISA has been free since its inception in 2016 until 2019 and all NABISA expenses have been funded by SAHITA. SAHITA, was the body responsible for the registration of NABISA (The National Association of Building Inspectors of South Africa) with the CIPC as a non-profit organisation (registration K2016210564).